A man we can put our Trust in - Evan McMullin

A man we can put our Trust in - Evan McMullin

THE TIME IS NOW, TO END HOMELESSNESS IN GARDEN GROVE, CA.

https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/bye-expansion-campaign/x/522096

Thursday, January 28, 2016

WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE HOMELESS...

communities in the small 17 sq miles that make up Garden Grove California.

Although not in Garden Grove an example of a homeless camp.
 I hear this, and I read this day after day after day, but I do not see anyone doing anything to end this travesty against our citizens. I joined the ranks of the homeless on the streets just before Thanksgiving this past year, you will not believe the misconceptions we are given of these folks.

Don't get me wrong there are some very scary people out here, but there is one solace for the most part they stay away from the rest of the homeless, as we seem to have more numbers than they do.

The majority of those that scare the you know what out of you, are not that way most of the time, it is not until after they have had a fix or two and run out and start to jones they just lain lose it. Then there are those who are functioning Psychotics, who when they are on their meds, are just as normal as you or me.

The two pictures so far show bad conditions, and this is where
the misnomer that the homeless are dirty. In actuality both of
these camps had way more people than the area allowed for, so
you get that Stereo Type.
Another misnomer about the homeless is that they are dirty, and covered in lice and such, yes there are
those, but there are far more that have found locations where they can take showers a couple of days a week, then there is another place that has small storage Boxes - free, you can do your laundry - free, get food, a hot meal, and many other services.

These are some of the most creative people you will ever meet. Not only with artistic abilities, but with creating a safe warm place to sleep at night, and then in the daytime secure their possessions, bedroll, or sleeping bag, clothes, books, some even have camp stoves, and coffee pots, all of this gets stashed away and Dozens of people walk by it each and every day, and don't even know it is there.

Garden Grove Police Raiding the storm Tunnels to chase out 
the homeless (most of which are families). BUT those that have  

nowarrants, don't have Drugs, or paraphernalia are told to get  
their stuff and move on. There is no place for the Police to take
these people where they will be Safe, warm, dry and fed.  
Another thing that I have found amazing and also another misconception. We are told that they fight, some viciously over what is theirs in some cases yes that does happen, again look at the group and the conditions. But I have found it far different from that, with the exception of one meth head, I have had just the opposite experience.

There was one day that I was sitting at my spot in the laptop area in the library, and my stomach rumbled. I had food, but I had to decide did I want to eat it then, or a little later, so that I did not wake up hungry in the night and not have anything around. One of the street people that I have met out here heard it and asked me when I had last eaten.

Yes there are those on the streets hiding from the law,
HOWEVER they do not hide for long. The others that are
with these gentlemen being taken into custody, will be sent on
their merry way, oh yea these are families.
I told her either "yesterday or the day before I can't remember actually," so she goes out to her bike and
trailer, pulls out sandwich fixins, makes me a man size sandwich, and brings it and a canned soft drink. When I told her no, she had her two boys (21 & 24) to worry about. She said. "They are big boys, they can get food if they get hungry. But we do not let people go hungry.

All I can say as I am taking this adventure and taking the time to walk in their shoes, I am able to forget I have any troubles, because whatever may be wrong there are 15 people that I see daily that have things much worse than I.
First look at the Proposed Garden Grove Veteran Center and
the Village in Garden Grove, CA. 92841

I want to close this Post with the following: I KNOW without a doubt that I am right where I am supposed to be, doing what I am supposed to be doing. The Reason I know this is true, is the warm feeling I have and it gets warmer daily.

So please join me and let's ALL get involved and get our "Garden Grove Vets Center and Village in the Groves Re-Entry Center".


No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is about How BYE Events & Entertainment and their Events operate, and the videos are to assist in bringing various Causes the help they need to raise funds to move foreward. Please try to keep your comments clean, positive, and constructive.

PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES

“Ray is one of the most dedicated guys I know. Putting on Indie Fest every year is extremely challenging and every year, he rises to the occaision making it better and better. He is resourceful and easy to work with. I would recommend him without hesitation. Gary Bryan, Morning Jock KRTH FM.

I have had the pleasure of being associated with Ray since the beginning of his festival and found him to be not only a dedicated and humble worker that is always involved selflessly and quietly behind the scenes, but also a kind-hearted and caring human being that wants to make everyone’s life easier.” Stan Harrington, Filmmaker/Actor, Xristos Productions

“Ray was a customer as Vice President of the Academy of Independent Cinema Arts and Artists, and in that capacity I observed Ray’s commitment to his new business and sales responsibilities, and his candor and direct approach in all of our communications. He impressed me with his focus on his projects and his clear communication to me and to our team at all times. I look forward to a continuing relationship with Ray.” Jim Shanklin, Executive Vice President, Festival Media Corporation

BYE Event Planning and Entertainment - Manta.com

Indie Fest USA 2014 Seminars

Indie Fest USA 2014 Seminars
We are still looking for Actors and Actresses to sit on the Panel for the workshop.